Teachers (Full-Time/Part-Time/Job Share)
SIGN ON INCENTIVE $500!!! ($250 at hire and $250 after 90 days for full-time and part-time)
Do you enjoy working with toddlers? Would you like to help children learn and grow while also serving the Johnson County Community? Growing Futures Early Education Center is a Head Start program serving children birth to 5. We are currently hiring Full-Time, Part-Time, and Substitutes for our Head Start program.
We offer a generous PTO plan, a paid time off Winter Break and Spring Break!! In addition, we observe 9 Holidays! Would you like to obtain your CDA? We can help with that too!
Interested in a Paid Professional Development day? We’ve got you covered. Growing Futures provides onsite Professional Development several times per year!
Requirements to teach at Growing Futures Early Education Center:
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field with a minimum of 18 credit hours in early childhood preferred.
- Willing to enroll in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of the time of hire.
- 1-3 years teaching in an early learning environment preferred.
Knowledge of Kansas licensing and Head Start Performance Standards a plus.
Apply online using the link below. Please also include a copy of your transcripts when applying online.
As a teacher, you will work on a teaching team to plan, implement, and coordinate the comprehensive education program for your classroom.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide high-quality early learning.
- Support and provide continuity of care to help children develop secure relationships.
- Attend and participate in training, engage in coaching with your supervisor, and develop plans for your own professional development.
- Create home/school connections by developing effective partnerships with families.
Pay: $12.00 – $17.99 per hour
All staff, children and caregivers are expected to wear masks while indoors. All spaces are disinfected daily, and temperatures are taken at the building entry.
Enroll online: ANYTIME!!!
The mission of Growing Futures Early Education Center (formerly Head Start of Shawnee Mission) is to nurture children and strengthen families to enrich the community. It provides Early Head Start and Head Start services for children birth to five years.
8155 Santa Fe Drive
Overland Park, KS 66204
For general information, families may call 913-649-9714
Other agencies may contact:
Tanesha Thompson, Family & Community Partnerships Coordinator
Vicky Flucke, Disabilities and School Readiness Services Specialist